Submit Window Waiver Requests
You must certify your ECF FCC Form 471 by the close of the Emergency Connectivity Fund Program application filing window on August 13, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. ET. If you certify your form after this date and time, it will be considered out-of-window.
ECF FCC Forms 471 certified after the close of the application filing window will be put in an out-of-window status and will not be reviewed by USAC. For USAC to move these applications to an in-window status, the applicant must request – and FCC must grant – a waiver of the application filing window deadline.
Note that USAC cannot approve an appeal or waiver request that asks for a waiver of the Emergency Connectivity Fund Program rules—you must file a request for waiver with the FCC.
You must file your waiver (or, if submitting by mail, it must be postmarked) within 30 days of the date when USAC issued the out-of-window status. Note: This is a shorter timeframe than the 60 days allowed under the E-rate program.
Note: If that day falls on a weekend or on a federal holiday, the appeal is also considered on time if you file it (or it is postmarked) by the first business day following that weekend or holiday.
To file a waiver request online at the FCC:
- Go to the FCC’s Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS) “Submit a Filing” page.
- Enter “21-93” in the “Proceeding” field.
- Provide the information requested. (There are certain fields that are not applicable, such as the “Report Number” or “Bureau ID Number.”) Be sure to choose “WAIVER” or “PETITION FOR WAIVER” from the drop-down menu in the “Type of Filing” field.
- Click the text in the “Upload Documents” field to open an upload window and attach your appeal and any supporting documentation. You can also drag and drop your file(s) into the “Upload Documents” field.
- Review your work, make any necessary changes, and then submit your waiver request.
The FCC will consider electronic appeals as filed on a business day if they are received before 11:59 p.m. ET. If you have questions or comments about using the ECFS, please contact the FCC directly at (202) 418-0193 or via email.
For more information about submitting Emergency Connectivity Fund Program waivers to the FCC, including options to submit via U.S. mail or hand delivery, visit the FCC’s website. See the FCC’s Report and Order (FCC 21-58) and 47 CFR § 54.1718 for further information regarding filing a waiver of Emergency Connectivity Fund Program rules.